Parent’s Code of Conduct
Parent’s Code of Conduct
This code of conduct was formed to promote soccer among young people in an environment that promotes integrity and fairness amongst coaches, managers, players, and parents.
Our primary purpose is to provide an enjoyable soccer experience through the development of a player’s skills, attitudes, and abilities in a challenging and competitive environment.
Port Coquitlam FC Soccer Association’s commitment will be to ensure to the best of our ability that these positive values are upheld.
- I will set a good example and behave in a manner appropriate to my position as a role model.
- I will learn the rules of the game. If I am unsure of something, I will ask the coach for clarification at an appropriate time and in a professional manner.
- I will keep winning and losing in perspective; winning is only one component of the game.
- I will be supportive of my child, the team, and the coach whether the team is winning or losing.
- I will promote respect, through my words and actions, for the rules of the game, the coaches, the officials and their decisions, members of my own team and opponents.
- I will promote commitment to the team by ensuring that my child regularly attends practices and games.
- I will have my child at the practices or games at the time designated by the coach.
- I will be committed to my child’s team for the entire duration of the season (September-March ).
- I will refrain from making rude, abusive, derogatory, or argumentative comments to players, coaches, officials, or spectators.
- I understand that volunteering for duties associated with the management and functioning of my child’s team is expected.
- I will leave the coaching to the coaches.
- I will avoid confrontational situations with coaches in front of the players. I will control my temper, and attempt to resolve the situation in a calm and professional manner. When incidents arise, I will
- If I have a grievance, I should first attempt to approach the coach or manager and discuss the matter. If these concerns cannot be worked out, the chain of inquiry is then to the Port Coquitlam Division Coordinator, and finally to the Executive, in care of the President.
- I understand that discipline will be taken in accordance with the severity of the misbehaviour or breach of the Code of Conduct.
- I can expect discipline to be handled fairly and consistently.
- I acknowledge that PCFCSA will not tolerate harassment, violence, or abuse.
I understand that alleged infractions of the Code of Conduct may result in warnings, reduced playing time for players, referral to the Discipline Committee for action, and/or suspension from PCFCSA
Mini’s Parental Code of Conduct
- I will remember that my child is involved in soccer for fun. It is for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and resolve conflicts in a positive manner using self-discipline.
- I will teach my child that an honest effort is as important as a victory.
- I will emphasize to my child the importance of good sportsmanship.
- I will avoid criticizing my child for making mistakes and will not embarrass my child by yelling at players, coaches, parents, or officials.
- I will help my child work towards skill development by emphasizing the importance of practice.
- I will recognize the importance of volunteer coaches.
- I will be on time for practices and games.
- I will assist the coaches by ensuring they are notified when my child will be late or absent.
- I will ensure that my child has his/her complete uniform and is wearing it properly.
- I understand that children learn best by example so I will:
- Show appreciation for good plays of both my team and opponents.
- Show a positive attitude toward the game and all of its participants.
- Not publicly question a coach’s or an official’s decision.
- Support efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sports.
- Should I wish to confront my child’s coach about a practice or game related situation, I will wait 24 hours before doing so. (Emotions can cause miscommunication and misunderstandings.)
- I will learn all I can about the game and try my best to volunteer!