U6 Timbits Minis
U6 Mini’s Program (Players born 2012)
“FUNdamentals” – Long Term Player Development
The U6 Mini’s Program follows Stage 2 of the Long Term Player Development “Fundamentals”. It is designed to further fundamental skill development and overall movement skills in an optimal learning environment where the atmosphere is “Freedom and Fun”. We are pleased to announce this program will be facilitated by staff coaches in conjunction with parent volunteer coaches. A staff coach will lead all mid-week training sessions with parent/volunteer coach assistance for the entire season.
Players will be notified by late August what team they will be playing on and what night of the week they will practice on. The program will begin on the weekend of September 16/17, 2017.
For the first 4 weeks, players will have their mid-week practice outside at Minnekhada Oval. After 4 weeks, the players will move into a gym. The practice will stay on the same night at the same time, but indoor. Locations are TBD.
Weekend games will always be held at Minnekada Oval. All U6 players will play games in the mornings (boys on Saturday, girls on Sunday). It will be a fun-filled small sized game environment where same aged teams will play each other within the club. The season will take a break over December and resume mid-January with the season concluding at the Mini’s Jamboree generally the week before SD43 Spring Break.
2017/18 Details are as follows:
- Boys play Saturdays
- Girls play Sundays
- Every player has one mid-week practice (if you have a preference on a day, please indicate when registering under special requests and we will do our best to accommodate). You be given the practice day/time in mid-August
- The start date is the weekend of September 16/17 and goes until December 8/9. We will break over the holiday and start back the weekend of January 13/14.
- The season ends with the Mini’s Jamboree, which is generally the weekend before the SD43 Spring Break
- There will be no games on Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Times for game days are TBD (we expect that U6 will play in the morning/early afternoon).
Registration questions please contact
Program questions please contact